A small flame

A small flame

Pray for your husband (part 3)


 On a sunny May day almost 16 years ago, I put on my dream dress, walked down the aisle and exchanged the vows I had written with my groom. That's my wedding story and you have yours.



As wives, we have a unique opportunity & responsibility to pray for our husbands.

As my husband's wife, I have the responsibility and privilege to give him the wifely submission, respect & love that he was designed to need (1 Corinthians 7, Ephesians 5). Together he and I are responsible to nurture & tend our relationship and our marriage.

No one knows my husband as well as I do. I know more about his successes and failures, strengths and weaknesses than anyone else on the planet. And that puts me at a distinct advantage to pray for him. You can't pray for my husband the way that I can. And I can't pray for your husband with the insight that you have about him.

What a privilege we have to pray for our husbands! Let's be faithful to hold them up to a kind, gracious God whose sovereign hand controls the universe yet still guides the smallest, most mundane details of our lives.

I have purposed to set aside February as a time of focused prayer for my husband. Maybe you'd like to do the same? You might even like to partner with a friend, teaming up to pray intentionally for your husbands, holding each other accountable and encouraging each other in your marriages.

No comments: