A small flame

A small flame

Finding Judas in the mirror

{a re-post}



'Before we get too hard on Judas, let us ask: how much is Jesus worth to you? Most people who rail on Judas for betraying Jesus for thirty pieces of silver have often sold him out for much less. Perhaps the difference lies in how we sell Jesus' -from "The Christ of Easter" by Calvin Miller




Then Judas Iscariot, one of the twelve disciples, went to the leading priests and asked, “How much will you pay me to betray Jesus to you?”

And they gave him thirty pieces of silver.

From that time on, Judas began looking for an opportunity to betray Jesus. Matthew 26: 14-16







The difference between me and Judas:

Is it simply in how we sell the Savior?



No clandestine meetings with the Pharisees for me!



I reduce the worth of the

Wonderful Counselor

Mighty God

Everlasting Father

Prince of Peace

by saying to Him with heart-words

'You mean less to me than . . . . '




By screaming with life-song

what I would never dare to whisper with my voice:

'I could have You, but I chose {that} instead.'





I have often sold the Bread of Life

for far less than a pocketful of silver!

Choosing to seek satisfaction of soul-hunger

in things not Him.





I have exchanged worshiping at the feet of the One

who bids disciples to "keep watch" with Him

for the paltry prize of

a bit more sleep

or a little more leisure time.






The difference between me and Judas is often,

my heart weeps to realize,

not as great as I thought it was.




.

No comments: