A small flame

A small flame

classified location




Near our house is a dry creek bed: the perfect place for a boy to explore and get dirty in! The camera & I followed the boys down into their favorite haunt recently so they could proudly show off the fort they've worked many happy hours on.














I'm sure I can't give the tour as well as they can, but I'll do my best . . . .





First up, the front door. . .




which slides open & closed on bungee cords





a bench seat, fixed in the wall





a shelf, complete with a found cup
which I can only hope they haven't drunk from





the window/sniper's lookout





an escape hatch in the roof





and, outside, an airplane for a fast getaway. . .





unless the enemy catches you and hangs you upside down in a tree!









.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Great job guys! That is an AWESOME fort. I would have loved to play there as a kid.