A small flame

A small flame

I've done it!

I have set this post to remain at the top of the page for a few days. Please scroll down to see other posts. Thanks!


NOTE: The search box & archive list, etc from the sidebar have moved to the bottom of the blog.


After close to 5 years of blogging I have decided to change the name of my little blog. This is a change I have been mulling over for some time, and I am excited to have finally come up with a name that I love.


'A Small Flame' is a name inspired by a quote from A.W. Tozer in his book The Pursuit of God:


'Nothing here is new except in the sense that it is a discovery which my own heart has made of spiritual realities most delightful and wonderful to me. Others before me have gone much farther into these holy mysteries than I have done, but if my fire is not large it is yet real, and there may be those who can light their candle at its flame.'



Tozer's description of his book expresses the way I view the things that I share on this blog. Not new or novel, but an honest telling of my journey toward the Father's heart, told both to fan my own flame of love for the One who is making me into his image and to {hopefully} light a candle for a fellow-traveler.


10/17/2011

No comments: