A small flame

A small flame

Food-Free Zone


Food is part of everything. Have you noticed that? Celebrations, holidays, dates, seasons, church functions, catching up with old friends or getting to know new friends - it all involves food. Subtract food from any of these 'equations' and you're left feeling awkward & grasping for ideas of what else to do.

I don't think it's automatically wrong to include food in our events and interactions, but it's hard to know where to draw the line. At least it is for me.

With fall here {my favorite baking season} and the holidays just around the corner, I've been doing a lot of thinking about what place food will have in our celebrations this year. I've got some ideas, but the nitty-gritty will have to be figured out as I go through the next weeks and months.

With that in mind, I thought it would be helpful to have an intentional time to blog about my emerging thoughts on this. I'm planning to do this on Fridays {you know I couldn't pass up the perfect chance to illiterate ;o) }. I'm hoping to focus especially on enjoying this special time of year without food.


Are your brain cells firing yet? What food-free ways do you celebrate?





.

No comments: