A small flame

A small flame

Food-Free Friday:: Pumpkins

One of the things I love about Fall is the pumpkins.... and they don't have to be a food item. Especially when they look like this:





Phil is the jack-o-lantern artist in our home. The first year or two we were married, I did some pumpkin-ating {that's pumpkin+decorating ;o) }. For instance, there was the year my Martha-inspired self drilled little holes all over a pumpkin and pushed white lights through each little hole. It ruined the string of white lights, but it sure was pretty! These days I gladly let my hubby carve his masterpieces and hand him the candles when he's done.






The farm where we buy our pumpkins also has little squash & pumpkins for sale, so I usually pick out a few.



This year they're sitting pretty on my kitchen window sill.






A friend gave me this adorable salt & pepper shaker set








I also picked this up a few weeks ago at the Sharing Shop. When the candles inside them are lit the beads shimmer & glow. It's lovely.







Do you decorate for fall? What are your favorite fall decorations?






.

No comments: