A small flame

A small flame

Food-Free Friday - I {heart} Virginia

.
I love fall! As a girl I lived in the tropics and we had two seasons - wet and dry. Or, as my Mom liked to say, hot and hotter. If I seem overly in love with Fall now, well, maybe it's because I'm making up for lost time. Yeah. Let's go with that ;o)

I loved fall in Wisconsin, and I enjoy fall in North Carolina (though the fall air here usually lacks that crisp bite I loved in Wisconsin). But I adore fall in Virginia. The year we moved to NC, the kids & I took a trip back north to visit family & friends. This meant two long October drives through VA and West Virginia, and I was hooked. Last year and again this year my hubby has taken us to Virginia for a day. We drive up, eat lunch, and spend a few hours enjoying the Blue Ridge Parkway and drive home again.

That's what we did one day this week and it was beautiful! A sun-drenched globe of rich color with leaves twirling and spinning around us. Absolutely gorgeous! Had a worship service right there in my mini van seat. Why in the world would I ever think I needed food to make Fall ?!


Read this in Psalm 65 yesterday. So fitting, don't you think?

You crown the year with your bounty;
your wagon tracks overflow with abundance.

The pastures of the wilderness overflow,

the hills
gird themselves with joy,
the meadows clothe themselves with flocks,

the valleys deck themselves with grain,

they
shout and sing together for joy.









































Take a peak out the window. . . or better yet step outside. Rain or shine, I bet God drenching his world with beauty as a love-gift - just for you. Enjoy!





.

No comments: