A small flame

A small flame

lyin'

Have you heard this song by Point of Grace?

It is one of my 'fight songs' right now.

Every time I listen to it, I am struck by its words

How clever is my pride
How it deceives my mind
To think I'm in control
When I've really lost it all

How brilliant is my greed
For what it says I need

And then I've come to find
I'm empty on the inside




It's so true! My heart is deceptive. Man! is my heart deceptive! It regularly tells me lies about food and I. believe. them.


I've come to realize that I really can't trust anything my heart tells me about food right now. Everything has to be run through the sieve of God's word, prayer, and advice from Godly friends. It seems like a lot of work, but I am hoping that as I 'take every thought captive to obey Christ' (2 Corinthians 10:5), that I will develop new, Godly patterns of thinking to replace the old lies.


I'm gonna blog about some of the lies I have believed, but wanted to get your wheels turnin' a bit. What lies do you believe about food? Or a different 'pet idol'?



.

No comments: