A small flame

A small flame

the war




We're having a squirrel war. Phil has built 2 bird feeders, and we let the squirrels have one. But we want the other one to be just for all the pretty birds that live around here. The squirrels, though, are determined to have both feeders -greedy little things! - and we've had quite a time keeping them off of it.





We've tried a few things, including one of those cones that are supposed to 'squirrel-proof'. That has cut down the traffic, but there's at least one squirrel who still gets around it sometimes.




I think Thomas may have found the solution, though. This week he told me, all earnest and serious, 'The next time I see a squirrel on the bird feeder, I'm going to run up to it and say 'Yo mama, yo daddy, yo bald-headed granny.' . . . . . Am I a bad mama for laughing? I really did try not to ;o)




.

2 comments:

Jenni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenni said...

hahahaha! That made me laugh! Your Thomas is a character. :)