A small flame

A small flame

Maybe I've saved the best

for last? I think I've come to the end of my 'favorite blog' tour. Not that there aren't others I enjoy - there are. But school is starting and my life-journey is urging me to blog other things.... soon.


But I couldn't end this tour without a stop at Ann's blog. If you read this blog regularly, you know she's my favorite.

I found her our first fall in North Carolina, swept along with the flow of home-school and babysitting and seminary life and barely able to keep my head above the flood waters of grief and questions. And then, somehow, I found this blog with its quiet music and soft words. Grabbed hold of the words about making the ugly and hard beautiful by giving thanks. And the thanks I gave made the water around me sparkle until, slowly but surely, that thanks-giving has drawn me to the shore.

If you haven't had time to visit any of the other blogs on this 'tour' I've done, please PLEASE go by Ann's.

visit A Holy Experience




.

3 comments:

The family Z said...

Sounds like what I needed to hear after my last post. Thankfulness has slipped out of my life lately, and needs a quick return.

Jenni said...

Wow! I'm going to need several hours to read through posts on that blog. The few I read tonight really spoke to my heart. Thanks for sharing.

Rachel said...

Jenni,
Yes, it takes a while to read. Thankfully she does occasionally re-post things ;o) I hope she will continue to be a blessing. I have never been disappointed in what she shares.