A small flame

A small flame

red, white, and..... what?!

This weekend I had a conversation with our boys about the 4th of July. It was..... interesting.

Brace yourself ;o)








First question:
'What is the 4th of July all about? Why do we celebrate the 4th of July?'

Answers:
Matthew is quiet. He doesn't know and doesn't want to give a wrong answer. Perfectionist! ;o)


Daniel is pretty sure it has something to do with pilgrims.


Thomas: 'Cars! It's a celebration for cars!'



I enlighten them. Colonists.... British soldiers.... guns.....We studied some early American history this year, so the biggies at least act like they kinda know what I'm talking about.



Second question: 'What does it mean to be courageous?

Answers: they don't do too badly with this one



Third question: When might you need to be courageous? What are some times you might be afraid but still need to act anyway?


Answers:

Matthew: still quiet

Daniel: 'If I needed to put something in the attic at night time.'

{Not too bad, except when he would ever be in this situation escapes me}


Thomas: 'When I needed to sneak into the neighbor's house and take their knives. {Warming to the subject} And I would take their freeze ray gun! {Really excited now} And I would shoot them with it and freeze aaalll the neighbors!'



The colonists had nothing on Thomas ;o)
Neighbors, beware!

Happy 4th of July Eve!




.

2 comments:

Ronnica said...

That's exactly my argument for not having a freeze ray gun...it's more likely to be used against you by an intruder than vice versa. =)

Karen said...

Hahaha! both Sean and I had a good laugh over this. :^)