A small flame

A small flame

Friday Favorite

If I hadn't picked living fully in each moment as my theme for this year, I might have chosen 'So many books, so little time' instead. I've got a list of books I really want to read this year, and mostly-hypothetical free time in which to read them. But I got off to a great start by actually buying myself a couple of the books on my list (I almost never buy books....if you could see the wall of bookshelves full of Phil's books in our bedroom you'd understand why), and they have not disappointed!





Here's the first book:






A dear friend mentioned to me almost a year ago that she had read this book, but she neglected to impress on me how amazing it was (no hard feelings though ;o). A few months later, I heard Paul Miller interviewed on the radio and was interested in some of the things he said, and a few months after that another blogger I read & trust gave his book great reviews and it finally made it to my book list.


I'm almost done reading A Praying Life and it has been so much more than I imagined it would be. I thought about trying to share this book on my blog the way I have shared other books, but eventually decided against it simply because there is so much great stuff in his book. I'd literally have to re-type almost every page! This book has helped me see prayer and God and myself in ways I never have before. It has loosened the ties of weights I have carried life-long, and definitely belongs on my list of books that have changed my theology. I cannot recommend this book highly enough!




.

No comments: