A small flame

A small flame

I've watched

. . . a few good movies that I wanted to recommend. Each of them is available from N*tfl*x, and most of them are instant play, so you could watch them this weekend if you wanted to..... well, not all of them probably, since that would be MANY hours of watching. But you get the idea ;o)




The Golden Boys:: three friends - retired seamen - decide that they're tired of living with the messy house and unappetizing meals. They decide that, for the good of the group, one of them will have to sacrifice his bachelorhood on the altar of marriage. This movie is sweet and funny; these guys just make me laugh ;o)









Daniel's Daughter:: I love autumn, and this movie feels like autumn to me. Does that sound crazy? Part of the story is set in autumn, and the combination of that with the warm colors and beautiful photography makes it feel like autumn . . . I don't know how else to explain it, really. I love the small town setting of this movie, the bits of Irish-ness that keep showing up, and the sweet, sentimental, romantic story line. Intrigued yet?







Little Dorrit - Charles Dickens writes the best characters, doesn't he? And, the BBC does a great job of bringing those characters to life. That's what I always say when we watch another mini series like this one. My sister-in-law recommended this movie and Phil and I both really enjoyed it {there are 4 disks, each with several episodes}.









Downton Abbey - this series aired recently on PBS and I really enjoyed it! Guess I'm just a sucker for British movies. ;o) Be warned that there are a few elements in this story line that I would not condone or want my children to be exposed to, but over all it is very well-done and I'm eagerly waiting for the second season.











.

No comments: