A small flame

A small flame

Zuppa Toscana to you!

.

I looove the Olive Garden. We don't go there very often, but it's one of my favorite places to eat out when I'm on a date with my sweetie. Confession time: I don't ever get the soup. I'd rather have the salad. A couple of months ago, somebody gave us some Olive Garden soup and it was so yummy that I decided to try making it myself. I found an easy 'copycat' recipe online and we ate our first pot of Zuppa Toscana {I just love how that rolls off my tongue ;o} tonight.

It was pretty easy to make and super-duper yummy. Phil assures me that it tastes just like the stuff from the restaurant and the biggies couldn't stop saying how good it was. They also decided that we were dining at the exclusive Bramblet Garden. ;o)



Bramblet-Garden Zuppa Toscana

Brown and crumble 1 Lb. Italian sausage. Drain and set aside.

Place in pot and cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.

2 large Russet baking potatoes, sliced in half, and then in 1/4" slices
1 large onion chopped
2 cans chicken broth
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 quart water

Add sausage to pot along with
1/2 can Oscar Meyer bacon bits (or - I used - crumbled fresh cooked bacon)
salt & pepper to taste

Simmer for another 10 minutes
Turn to low heat

Add
2 cups kale or swiss chard, chopped
1 cup heavy whipping cream

Heat through and serve with a crusty bread or garlic bread



.

2 comments:

The family Z said...

I'm trying this! Sounds yummy!

sarah said...

Thanks for posting it Rachel! I'll have to give it a ty! :)