A small flame

A small flame

A Still Soul





I'm discovering
that when your world has turned to ash
and you've watched your dreams die,
it can be very hard to live hopefully.

Even when good things happen,
I find myself skeptical. . .
waiting for the other shoe to drop
or for the fatal blow to strike it down.

I know at a bedrock level that God is good.
That He can be trusted.
But that doesn't exempt me from trials & pain!
I know from experience that
'
The promise was
that when everything fell,
we'd be held
.' {Held - Natalie Grant}

It's the falling that I fear.
The sensation of being pushed, unexpectedly, off a cliff
and the pain of hitting the rocks below -
that's what I dread.




This week Keith & Kristyn Getty and their band
played a concert at the seminary
I was so excited when Phil & I got to go!

They have so many great songs,
but I think this one was my favorite.









Still, My Soul Be Still


Still my soul be still
And do not fear
Though winds of change may rage tomorrow
God is at your side
No longer dread
The fires of unexpected sorrow

God You are my God
And I will trust in You and not be shaken
Lord of peace renew
A steadfast spirit within me
To rest in You alone

Still my soul be still
Do not be moved
By lesser lights and fleeting shadows
Hold onto His ways
With shield of faith
Against temptations flaming arrows

Still my soul be still
Do not forsake
The Truth you learned in the beginning
Wait upon the Lord
And hope will rise As stars appear when day is dimming


- Keith & Kristyn Getty & Stuart Townend





No comments: