A small flame

A small flame

Green

This past spring and summer, I did some container gardening. This was the first time since my childhood that I had grown some of our food, and I think I had just as much fun as the kids . . . well, honestly, more fun than the kids ;o) My favorite was the lettuce and spinach I grew in the spring. I loved picking enough lettuce to put on a sandwich or in a salad! When I cleaned out my pots at the end of summer, I realized that the fall weather in NC is mild enough that I could probably grow some more. As the trees have begun to lose their leaves, my new crop of lettuce & spinach has been filling my pots with new green. The leaves are big enough to start picking and I'm loving it!






This little gift from God just makes me smile.





What small just-for-you gift has God given you lately?





.

No comments: