A small flame

A small flame

Enjoying the View

.







When we lived in Wisconsin, the townhouse we lived in had a large patch of grass in front of it, bordered by parking lot. Please understand - I'm not complaining. In fact, that patch of grass was exactly what we had prayed for when we moved back to the U.S. from Australia with a toddler and an infant. Just a bit of grass for them to play on. And we were very happy in that townhouse . . . my point is just that the view wasn't beautiful.

Then we pulled up roots and moved to NC with our hearts in shreds, and the Lord gave us a townhouse with woods on two sides. Now, every day I look out at the woods which are beautiful in each season. Sometimes there are deer feeding just at the edge of the trees, just feet from my door. This fall I have been reminded again just how good God has been to give me such a gorgeous view right outside my windows every single day.







Truth be told, I'm a bit sad to leave this view . . . though I think the Lord has given me one that will be just as pretty at the house.




the front of our new house




the backyard at the new place
-Photo courtesy of Coldwell Banker



How amazing that God, in addition to running the universe and taking care of really important things loves me enough to give me some beauty outside my windows!


What seemingly insignificant love gift has God given you lately?







.

No comments: