A small flame

A small flame

Beloved

.


giving thanks today for a holy, righteous God who chose to adopt me because He is beautiful. . . .
and now finds me beautiful







thoughts from Elyse Fitzpatrick: Because He Loves me


You are completely forgiven

Completely forgiven!
You. are. completely. forgiven.

God has no wrath left for you
When God looks at you, he says
'This is my beloved daughter
and I am well-pleased with her.'

Say it out-loud:
"when God looks at me, he says
'This is my beloved daughter in whom I am well-pleased' "

It almost feels like you shouldn't say it, doesn't it?


God rejoices over me
He exults -- he dances with joy over me.

I don't know why he would love me like this,
but he knows,
and in his gracious mercy and election
he has chosen to love me this way.

And once he sets his love on me
it's on me.
On the days I have a good day
and the days I have a bad day -
God doesn't pay any attention to that!
He loves me.

I am in Christ
When God the Father looks at the Son
is he ever disappointed?
I am in Christ - God is never disappointed with me.

God is not simply disposed toward me
based on how I do my list!

He doesn't even pay attention to my list.

Christ has already earned God's smile toward me.
End of story.


'You are my beloved daughter
in whom I am well pleased.'




Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God.
-1 Corinthians 2:12




Somehow there are not words to express my thanks to this amazing God who has chosen to make Himself my Abba!





.

No comments: