A small flame

A small flame

when you feel defeated







'Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.' - Romans 8:35, 37




'All these things':
tribulation

distress

persecution

famine

nakedness

danger

sword


They don't inspire feelings of victory, do they?

They come with feelings of weakness, vulnerability, fear, uncertainty, insecurity. . . all things I feel some days too!

Not exactly the picture of a victory parade, is it? Not seeing the winner's hand held high in the air to salute cheering masses!

But that's because I'm looking at the wrong battle
. I've missed the struggle that really matters. The fight to be won is not the fight for security, happiness, ease, safety, even life itself! The ultimate prize is the love of God, expressed in the gift of his Son. And that is a prize I am guaranteed to win and keep.

No matter how hard life becomes; no matter what happens to me, I am always and forever, deeply and irrevocably loved by God. Game over - I win.

For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. -Romans 8:38-39



.

No comments: