A small flame

A small flame

When You're Looking for Answers










They never run out of questions
and my kids think I'm the Answer Queen

Why do I have to share?

and Why should I be kind?

Why can't we eat out every day?

and Peanut butter and jelly again?!

Sometimes I know the answers
and sometimes I don't.









And sometimes I think I must sound to God
like my boys sound to me . . .

How does love become rejection?

and Why does friendship become indifference?

Why, when you've tried all you can
to make it right again
,
is it sometimes not enough?

and Why do I have to move and start life again when I loved the life I had?

Why do people created in the image of a beautiful God live in the city dump?

And Why do children have to forage in mountains of trash for their next meal?

Why do daddies and mommies get sick and die?

and Why does any child have to become an orphan?


And I definitely don't know the answers to these questions!










But
I watch how His grace floods my life in a million, zillion ways every day.
And
I take note of how all of life comes from Love.


I choose to trust that everything passes through His hands,
and I believe that, in the end, those Hands will wipe away
all the tears and pain
and Love will make everything new.

3 "I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.” 5 And the one sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!” - from Revelation 21


So for now, I'm gonna keep making my lists
- of my questions and my thanks -
and keep learning that always,
in everything,
He can be trusted.






"The act of gratitude reminds us that God is worthy of our trust.
"
- Debbie Macomber in One Simple Act



clean beds to sleep in

a roof over our heads

healthy food to feed my children

having all we need

and enough to share

3 healthy children

the start of a new school year

new friends

and old friends too

cucumbers & yellow squash growing out back

workout buddies

dinner guests

free bread

butterflies




Photos: butterflies at my favorite park this weekend



holy experience

No comments: