A small flame

A small flame

We survived summer school

. . . well, sort of. Phil still has a 15 page paper to write for the class. And, we found out, he also has a pre-class assignment, due at the beginning of one of his fall classes - 100 pages of reading and 5 reviews of 1-2 pages. So much for the 3 week break between summer school and the new semester.

*sigh*





















The kiddos and I are gearing up for our new school year too. Thanks to the Sharing Shop and the library, I've only had to purchase Math and Handwriting this year. Maybe I'll post more about all that later.

One of the changes is that Phil & I have decided that I won't babysit anybody this semester. Last year was a tough year in so many ways, including babysitting. While we appreciated the extra income I got from babysitting, it made homeschooling really tough. The boys are still dependent on me for help with a lot of their work -- I feel like I can either home school well or I can babysit, but I can't do both. So, we're going to try it. I'd appreciate prayer for wisdom. I'm a bit nervous about not having that extra income! Especially this week when rent and the school bill are due and it feels like we're bleeding money.

On the upside, I'm really looking forward to the home school year without the added time constraints that babysitting put on us. I'm hoping to be able to do extra things that we just couldn't fit in last year.


What have you been doing to get ready for the new school year?







No comments: