A small flame

A small flame

In spite of Myself









There's something amazing about God's love for us
the way He chooses us
- knowing all our flaws ahead of time -
to lavish us with his love, anyway


The theme wends its way through the gold-edged pages:

the way He chose Israel
even when they willfully rejected Him

But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. Isaiah 43: 1-3



the way Hosea redeems Gomer
even when she chooses other lovers

"Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her. And there I will give her her vineyards and make the Valley of Trouble a door of hope. Hosea 2:14-15



the way the father's eyes eagerly strain the horizon
for the return of the son
who had abandoned him in favor of the high life

And while he was still a long way off, his father saw him coming. Filled with love and compassion, he ran to his son, embraced him, and kissed him. Luke 15:20



The same way that he's committed to being my God -

More determined to be my Abba
than I am to be His daughter,
even on my best days!

Choosing to shower me with undeserved grace
in a million ways,
great and small,
every day.





the yeasty smell of pizza dough rising

toddler giggles


good books. . .

read aloud


thunderstorms


'I can finally read Hebrew
' joy in Phil's face

one word - airconditioning ;o)


a good workout


wildflowers


chiropractor visits


swimming pools


fellowship with other believers







holy experience

No comments: