A small flame

A small flame

Blueberry Summer




This weekend, we spent a fun day with our friends the {R} family, who are also the leaders of our care group at church. Robby's parents own a gorgeous home right on the Tar River, and graciously allowed us to spend time there with them.






Kathryn & I went a few minutes up the road to pick organic blueberries from a local grower. The blueberries were plentiful, so it took us only a couple of hours to pick about 20 pints. My 10 pints cost me $12, which I thought was pretty good. Matthew went with me and picked for a bit, and then spent the rest of the time sitting in the shade.









Not that I blame him - it was sooo hot {of course - it's summer in the south}. We were all mighty glad to head back to the house to enjoy some lunch and cool off by the pool!























We had a great time, and I'm looking forward to enjoying all those blueberries in my freezer!

No comments: