A small flame

A small flame

I have to

*
*
*


*
*
I don't know about you, but I have discovered that sometimes it's import to be told what I already know. When I am in need of encouragement, the things that lift me up most are not usually epiphanies. They are things I already know, told over again at just the right moment.
*
Maybe
'I can do all things through him who strengthens me.' {Philippians 4:13}
or
'I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.' {Philippians 1:6}
*
*



*
*

It is also important, I've discovered, to tell God things he already knows.
*
It's important for me.
*
I
n the first, crushing days of the hardest trial, I remember singing these words back to God over and over.
*
I still believe in Your faithfulness
I still believe in Your truth

I still believe in Your Holy Word
Even when I don't see, I still believe

- from I still Believe, Jeremy Camp
*
Actually saying them out loud didn't make them any more true, but it strengthened my faith.
*
*

*
*
The same idea explains part of the reason I make my thanks-giving lists.
God knows if I'm thankful and I do, in the moment, thank God for a gift received
*
But when I make those lists - black-and-white records, inked into my journal - it solidifies thankfulness in my heart and impacts my spirit just a bit more with how greatly I am blessed
*
For me, that's what this song is: Saying what I already know. Giving voice to what is in my heart. Encouraging myself in Him by telling God what He already knows
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

*

*
*

#82. sunshine
#83. Hebrew final - over!
#84. being nearly done with the semester - and 1 year! - of seminary
#85. the opportunity to pray for others
#86. clean sheets to sleep on
#87. tomato plant seedling
#88. family outing to Chucky Cheese
#89. rain
#90. flower buds
#91. anticipation
#92. 3 days of school left
#93. potty training
#94. Chlorox wipes
#95. washing machine
#96. hot water
#97. free-to-us grill from neighbors
#98. Thomas dancing the "Old Bamboo" dance {from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang} with his yardstick 'bamboo'
*
*
*
*
*

No comments: