A small flame

A small flame

I am . . . Adopted








One of the things I am enjoying - and being stretched by - at our church here is in the area of adoption. Although, for a few years now, I have had friends who have brought adopted children into their families, this is the first time I have been part of a church that has a culture of adoption.

After being part of the body at Open Door for about 9 months now, it no longer seems strange to me to see families whose individual members look absolutely nothing like each other. In fact, it makes me inexpressibly happy, when I watch a blond mama cradle her tiny, dark-skinned baby or a little guy holding his arms up to the tallest daddy, each of whom, outwardly, looks nothing like the other, but who are, undeniably, father and son.

Our friends, the {K} family adopted an adorable toddler from Ethiopia earlier this year, and being able to share a bit of their journey has been a wonderful experience!



I recently finished reading this book::







It has been a long time since I read a book that grew and stretched my theology as much as Adopted for Life has! I found that Dr. Moore's insights helped me to process some of the things I've been observing in recent months, and also gave me new, Gospel-centered ways to view adoption, both theologically and practically.

I'm going to try to share some of what I've learned. I'm currently sorting & {hopefully} organizing my thoughts so I can share them.

More to come . . .
*
*
*
*
*

No comments: