A small flame

A small flame

Where do we go from here?

We've been singing this song at Open Door and I really love it.




Oh Christ be the center of our lives
Be the place we fix our eyes
Be the center of our lives

You're the center of the universe
Everything was made in You Jesus

Breath of every living thing

Everyone was made for You


You hold everything together

You hold everything together


Christ be the center of our lives

Be the place we fix our eyes

Be the center of our lives


We lift our eyes to heaven

We wrap our lives around your life

We lift our
eyes to heaven, to You
*
*
*




I especially love the phrase 'we wrap our lives around your life'. It makes me think of the wisteria I enjoyed a few weeks ago - vines twined around tall trees.


God, You are the one who holds us together
when life falls apart

*
Give us the grace to live life genuinely and without pretense
*
To give everything we have to bring you glory
and not just go through the motions
*
To live life so closely wrapped around You
that it is impossible to tell

Where we end and You begin

Amen



"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. . .This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."

- from John 15

No comments: