A small flame

A small flame

What God Can Do





I've done a lot of worshipping lately to the song What Faith Can Do by Kutlass.

Although I wish the lyrics were a bit less ambiguous.

It is not 'faith' in and of itself that

moves mountains
gives hope
works miracles
answers prayers
heals broken hearts

It is God!

Recently I was reading Ephesians about the armor of God, and I was struck by verse 16::

"take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. "

I began to think of the ways our hearts and souls have been attacked in recent months.
*
The people who have given us lists of the ways they 'knew' God would not use us.
*
*
The circumstances that have caused us to doubt God's goodness.
*
*
The hurts that have made us seriously consider walking away from ministry all together.
*
Made us long to isolate ourselves from other believers.

*
*
*
And I saw, quite clearly, the guy behind all of it, his bow up, arm drawn back.

His flaming arrows whizzing toward our souls.

Puts things in a sinister light, doesn't it?


How inexpressibly grateful I am that God not only demands that I trust him, but gives me the ability to do so.

Provides the faith I need to cling to Him when the arrows are falling all around me!



Praise God for being our refuge!

*

*

*

*

*

No comments: