A small flame

A small flame

Me? Suffer?



I don't know about you, but I find that I am nearly always surprised when suffering enters my life.

In fact, I've almost decided to stop worrying altogether because the really hard things that have come into my life have taken me completely by surprise. I never had time to worry about them!

As I studied through 1 Peter recently, I was struck by this verse::




Dear friends, don’t be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. (4:12)




Huh! Who knew that verse was there?



:o)



Trials should not surprise us because, as believers, we should expect to suffer! It is part of our identity. Part of who we become when we became disciples of Christ.




Peter is quite clear: instead of being surprised by our trials, we should



be very glad—for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to all the world. (4:13)



That's hard advice to follow when you're in the thick of a hard trial!

But it helps to know, that the trial making you become more like Christ {what an amazing concept!}.

And that, through your suffering, God wants to impact your personal ministry in ways you cannot imagine.
*

*

*

*

*

No comments: