A small flame

A small flame

The Gift

I see this
and the tears drip down:
drops of breaking will
and melting heart
*
Why?
Why would he do that -
just for me?
*
How?
How could he love me
so very deeply?
*
What?
What is there ever
that seems worth more to me
than His pain?
*
That would cause me to value
His agony
His sacrifice
so very little?
*


*
*
*
"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted. . ."

"Thank God for this gift too wonderful for words!"

- from John 3, The Message; and 2 Corinthians 9, NLT

No comments: