A small flame

A small flame

Spring Break

I read somewhere once {on GirlTalk, maybe?} that only God gets everything on his to-do list done. I cannot tell you how many times this thought has comforted my list-making heart!
*
*
Our spring break last week was definitely not everything my to-do list had hoped for!
*

*
*
On Wednesday morning, I got really sick all of a sudden. Sicker than I've been in ages. It wiped my whole day off the map - and the next day too, as I recovered. I spent a lot of time watching day-time TV. How do I survive without a regular dose of such scintillating stuff? ;o)
*
*
By the weekend, I was well enough to go for a visit to Philip's cousin's family. They live an hour and a half away from us and we are so enjoying getting to know them better.
*
*

*
*
*
Thomas and I are still nursing awful colds, but I woke up this morning feeling like I was 'on the mend'.
*
*
*
Today is gorgeous!
*
*
Sunny
*
*

*

*
Temperature near 70
*
*
Absolutely perfect!
*
*

{snack time outdoors today}
*
I've got the windows open to blow away those 'closed-for-the-winter' smells away.
*
*
and there's laundry waving gently on the clothes line.
*
*

*
*
*
I've just finished finalizing my plans for the container garden we're going to plant. I'm afraid I was still on Wisconsin weather mode and thought I had plenty of time to figure out what I was going to do. {A couple of years ago, I called each of our church families to tell them the Good Friday service was cancelled, thanks to the foot of snow we were having dumped on us.}
*
*

*
*
Anyway, this being North Carolina and NOT Wisconsin, I am a bit behind, but hopefully not too much. The boys are itching to start planting, and thanks to a generous relative, we already have all the seeds we need.
*
*
*
So, I'm off to take the clothes off the line - love that out-doorsy smell they have! - and then to buy some potting soil.
*
*
*

*
Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Seventy degrees! Oh my goodness. And I was excited this weekend because it was warm enough I could go without a coat - it was almost forty!