A small flame

A small flame

Seeing Judas in the Mirror

Before we get too hard on Judas, let us ask: how much is Jesus worth to you? Most people who rail on Judas for betraying Jesus for thirty pieces of silver have often sold him out for much less. Perhaps the difference lies in how we sell Jesus. *-from "The Christ of Easter" by Calvin Miller



*
*
Judas sold Christ for thirty pieces of silver.
*
How much is Jesus worth to me?
*
*
The difference between me and Judas::

Is it simply in how we sell the Saviour?

*
*
No clandestine meetings with the Pharisees for me!



I reduce the worth of the



Wonderful Counsellor

Mighty God

Everlasting Father
*
Prince of Peace
*
*
by saying to Him with heart-words
*
*
'You mean less to me than . . . . '
*
*
*
*
Screaming with life-song
*
*
what I would never dare to whisper with voice:
*
*
'I could have You, but I chose {that} instead.'
*
*
*
*
*
*
I have often sold the Bread of Life



for much less than a pocketful of silver!



Choosing to seek satisfaction of soul-hunger



in things not Him.
*



*



I have traded in my gentle Shepherd



for the momentary satisfaction



of lashing impatience at my children -






*
*




I have exchanged sitting at the feet of the One
*
*
who bids disciples to "keep watch" with Him
*
*
for the paltry prize of
*
*
a bit more sleep
*
*
or a little more leisure time.
*



*



The difference between me and Judas?
*
Sadly,
not as great as I thought it was.

No comments: