A small flame

A small flame

Ashes, Beauty and the Gospel

How are you doing with your new year's resolutions goals? I'm working on mine. Not every day can be filled with beautiful things, beautiful attitudes, beautiful circumstances. But each day, I find, there is beauty. Some days I just have to look a little longer to find it. Fight a bit harder to enjoy it.
*
This Easter season, with its focus on the ugliness and beauty of the cross, has me thinking about beauty in a bit of a different light.
*
We sang this song in church, and I have been thinking on it ever since.
*
Because of the cross, the ultimate beauty-for-ashes transaction has already taken place.
*
This gives me joy! How can I not rejoice at the beautiful new heart His sacrifice bought for me?
*
And, it gives me hope. Since God, in Christ, has already given me the ultimate gift, I can be confident that He will continue to be faithful to me. There is more beauty to come!
*
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? {Romans 8:31-32}







No comments: