A small flame

A small flame







You know those times you find yourself agreeing with God . . . and wishing you didn't?


This morning, in a song, I heard the phrase 'I will say it's good that you afflicted me'. I sang that phrase back to God, tears running down, because I don't want that to be true. I don't want the affliction. I don't want the wounds. I don't want the scars.

But oh how gracious the Father has been to afflict me so that I learn to see him more clearly and love him more truly. He is what I want!



Psalm 119
65 You have done many good things for me, Lord,
just as you promised.

*
66 Teach me knowledge and good judgment,
for I believe in your commands.

*
67 I used to wander off until you disciplined me;
but now I closely follow your word.
*

68 You are good, and what you do is good;
teach me your decrees.

*

69 Arrogant people smear me with lies,
but in truth I obey your commandments with all my heart.
*

70 Their hearts are callous and unfeeling,
but I delight in your law.

*

71 It was good for me to be afflicted
so that I might learn your decrees.

*
72 The law from your mouth is more precious to me
than thousands of pieces of silver and gold.
*
- from the NIV & NLT

No comments: