A small flame

A small flame

Packages & Strings

I went to sleep sad . . .
*
And, in the morning, as I sat,
*
enjoying coffee and my Abba,
*
still sad,
*
I knew it was time.
*
*
*
Time to reach into the murky depths for grace-light.
*
Time for giving thanks.
*
*




*
*
*
I began my list right then,
*
and tended it all day long.
*
And, as it always does,
*
thanks transformed my day.
*
*
*
Reminded my lonely heart that I am loved beyond measure.
*
Whispered to me - overwhelmed by all that keeps me busy - that He is still at work in me
*
Drove Failure's threatening hiss away with the declaration that I am a chosen, adopted, child of the adoring Father.
*
*
*
From today's list of thanks::


#1. new-to-me PJs . . . free from Sharing Shop


#6. having enough . . . to share with others


#7. Glade Orange Vanilla candle


#10. Temperatures in the 50s . . . coming tomorrow


#17. Phil's weekend off . . . this weekend


#18. 1 week and 2 days . . . until Spring Break for us all!


# 28. bird song . . . outside my kitchen window



# 31. Spring . . . on my counter




#32. sunlight slanting through the forest

#33. curls of ivory soap

#34. fresh homemade laundry soap

#35. apples and milk with my toddler . . . in a puddle of afternoon sunlight



What's on your list?

No comments: