A small flame

A small flame

Making it Through

A year ago on this day, Phil & I began a very difficult journey through something we would much rather have run away from. I remember clinging to this song then, and I have clung to it's truths through many difficult days & dark night since. I don't know everyone who reads this blog or what difficult things you may be going through. What I do know without a doubt is that no matter what our wise & loving Father asks us to go through, we can have faith that we will make it through. (Philippians 1:6 - "And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.") I am comforted because no matter how abandoned I may feel, I am never alone in my journey. (Hebrews 13:5 . . . be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”) Over the past year He has proven Himself completely faithful to us, and I have every confidence that He will continue to do so as we continue on this journey He has sent us on.

Hold Me
*
any other day
I'd just run away
from what lies ahead
but right here I stand
choosing to remain
right where I've been lead
I cannot see the ending
I cannot pretend
the seas are calm ahead
and the only thing
I can ever cling to
is what you said
clouds assume command
sky unrolls it's wrath
firmly still I stand
there's no turning back
I need you to hold me
when the storms begin to rage
cause you know me
and you know that I'm afraid
though I'd rather go 'round
but I'm following now
so I'll trust
that we'll make it through
just help me remember
I'm never alone
when I'm walking with you
– Jonny Diaz

No comments: