A small flame

A small flame

Cheesecake & Toes

I had a wonderful birthday yesterday! Phil had planned lots of surprises for me and all of my men worked hard to spoil & pamper me. I got to go shopping for me (which never happens), a surprise date with my sweetie (thanks to my awesome babysitter, Abby, for helping with that surprise!), some lovely gifts and birthday phone calls from people I love. And we had cheesecake. What more does a birthday need?
* * *
I also had a lovely trip to the dr's office to get my poor toe checked out - the gift I gave myself. The picture doesn't quite do it justice - the top third of it is a dark purple. We think it might be fractured, though I escaped getting an x-ray. Grrrr. I tripped over an open box, if you can believe it. I was talking to one of the boys, got distracted, and walked right into the box instead of around it. The doctor's advice was to wear a solid-soled shoe and not to do too many stairs. Ha! Hope I can get through the rest of the packing without any more injuries.

5 comments:

Ryan E. D. Hawk said...

Okay, first of all, are your boxes made of lead? If so, you're going to have a hard time finding people to help with your move.

Second, the cheesecake picture looks so good, and then you scroll down to your foot. Nice.

Ruth

Rachel said...

Ruth,

First, I didn't stub my toe into the box - I tripped over the box and my foot got tangled up in the box flaps somehow (I know - I couldn't really explain it to the dr either) & got bent at a weird angle.

Second, you're welcome ;o)

- Rachel

Crazy Mom said...

Glad to hear you had such a good birthday...sorry to hear about your toe! :)

Karen said...

Glad you had a great birthday!
Sorry to hear about your toe...get well soon, toe! :)

Karen said...

Hahahaha, I TOTALLY did not mean for my comment to be almost exactly the same as the one above it. :^P Pay attention, Karen!