A small flame

A small flame

Behind the Mask

Recently I heard another believer comment that God works in masks. I love the mental image this creates! I believe that everything that comes into my life comes, ultimately, from God's hand. God is always at work in the lives of believers, and yet the human source of things that come into our lives is often less than glorious. An unethical employer, the betrayal of a friend, an unfaithful spouse, a wayward child . . . the list could go on, but you get the picture. In each of these situations, there is full human responsibility. The employer, the friend, the spouse or child - all are responsible before God for their actions. The seriousness of their sinful actions is in no way lessened because God is sovereign! At the same time, however, when I as a daughter of God am able to look at the sinful actions of others and see them as a mask behind which my sovereign, wise, good, loving Father is at work, I am comforted. Whatever trouble or sorrow you carry in your heart right now, may God give you eyes of faith to see him at work behind the mask.

No comments: