A small flame

A small flame

Packages & Strings

Little things making me smile this week


1. Fresh air . . . blowing through open windows

2. Hiding (and hunting) . . . candy-filled eggs.

3. Thomas discovering candy . . . hidden inside plastic eggs

4. Enjoying a concert with Phil . . . Natalie Grant, Chris Sligh & Meredith Andrews . . . wow!

5. An entire day to myself (thanks, S!) . . . even if I did spend most of it sorting & packing

6. A fresh batch . . . of Monster Cookies

7. Taking pictures of my kids . . . enjoying spring

8. My first hand-made purse . . . almost done

9. A song 'gift' from a friend . . . The Motions by Matthew West

10. The fact that you read my blog . . . thanks!

3 comments:

Crazy Mom said...

#2 - we're planning to do that soon! Jeremiah is very excited about the "Spring Baskets" and the surprises they will contain!
#6 - what are monster cookies?
#7 - can't wait until spring comes back so we can be outside to enjoy it!! LOL!
#8 - I would love to see it!
#10 - you're welcome! ;)

Rachel said...

Monster cookies are our new favorite cookie. The recipe comes from Donette, who got it from Sarah L. The recipe makes a TON, so I make half of the recipe below . . . still lots, but much more managable! Enjoy.

MONSTER COOKIES

6 eggs
2 c. brown sugar
2 c. white sugar
2 sticks butter, softened
1/2 T. vanilla
1/2 T. Karo syrup
4 t. baking soda
3 c. peanut butter
9 c. quick cooking oatmeal
2 c. chocolate chips
2 c. M&M's - any color works!:)

makes at least 8 dozen cookies


There were no specific instructions, but I creamed the eggs and butter with the sugar first, and then added the other ingredients. Also, they bake best if you kinda flatten them out on the cookie sheet, as opposed to making a mounded cookie.

Crazy Mom said...

The cookies sound yummy - I might have to try making them! :) Thanks for sharing!