A small flame

A small flame

A bright (green) idea


Here is one of my latest brain storms. My boys love to do lists and I thought it would be a great way of reminding them (and me) of the chores I want them to help with around the house each day. Since they are not big readers yet, I was going to draw pictures on a wall chart. Then I remembered that my drawing talent is, well, almost non-existent. So, I got my camera busy & took pictures of them doing all the things I wanted to put on their list. Each of the pictures has a little adhesive Velcro spot on the back. The lists on the wall have 2 rows of Velcro so as each task is completed, the picture can be moved to the 'done' side. Then, the next day, all of the pictures can be moved back to the the 'to do' side and the fun can begin all over again. So far, it's working great.


4 comments:

Donette said...

LOVE this idea! I might need to use this myself! One question, do you mind sharing what chores you expect the boys to do?

Crazy Mom said...

That's such a great idea, Rachel! I've been thinking about doing a to-do list for my kids, and haven't yet. I was thinking of finding pics on the internet to use...never thought of taking pics myself! :) Thanks for sharing!

Karen said...

What an awesome idea! You are so clever, Rachel. Now I need to make one for Sean. :^P

Rachel said...

LOL, Karen! I never thought of making one for Phil. Hmmmm .... ;o)